Friday, January 15, 2010

YAWA is awesome.


Another "STAND UP FOR CHANGE ; An Open Mic Night" event was held last Sunday and it was so good. I didn't organise it this time, a bunch of young adults did with the help and support of my dearest Mommy :)
photos taken from Alayna's cam :) (thankyou!)

we performed "Zombie by the Cranberries" again but we switched it up a little with Ally and Zhien this time, so last minute! but so much fun :)




The one performance that stood out for me was by this youth group called YAWA(Yayasan Anak Warisan Alam)


(yup, this is them (: )

They're an environmental group that make instruments out of recyclable material, yes they MADE the instruments ALL BY THEMSELVES, (how superbly awesome is that?!) and they play percussion music. They were the last performance that day, and really, they were so good and so energetic and just so much fun to watch and to participate with! and for people with no background in percussion music, they were BEYOND good, no joke! They made us all stand up and do little routined claps with them, ha ha alot of fun, i was smiling and giggling all the way through :)

So okay, I'm talking too much again. Just watch the video, this one was 2 years ago (I dont have one of the performance on Sunday :( ), they have improved tremendouslyyyy since then I assure you, but such good work anyway :)






I'd LOVE to join, but ah, beats and me, well, we just.. don't work too well together.

hehe.

No comments: