Sunday, March 14, 2010

I feel more grateful everyday.
I look around me and everything I see, reminds me how much I have that I should be grateful for.

I love what my life is and what it revolves around.
I love my family. I'm so lucky to have been born in this family.
I love my Faith, I feel.. lucky to know that I've been given this bounty. I'm so grateful to be one of the early Baha'is in this world. Yes, there are Baha'is all over the world. The second fastest growing religion in the world, after over one and a half centuries. And I am truly happy to be a part of this Cause.
I love my cousins, the people I know that I'm bonded with for life, the people I grew up with, the people that have walked the same path of service I've walked, and the memories of doing all of that.. together.
I love my friends. I love how after all these years, I'm happy about where I am and who I spend my time with. I love the fact that we aren't at all anything close to similar when it comes to style, personality or character, but what keeps our bonds tight are the values and principles we share.
I love how my Grandpa sends us random emails to remind us the little things that we tend to forget. I love my grandparents.
I love Shayna. I love Sunil and I love Sonia for being people that I trust with my life. For being the cause of my happy days, my never ending laughter and even my sad days. I love that they never turn their backs on me no matter what I do. I know that they will always love, support, encourage and make me a better person. I know that they have my absolute best interest in mind. Not just because they are my siblings, but because they are.. my best friends.
I love that my life is purposeful. I love that I have a certain purpose to fulfill in this life. Something so powerful, something I'm truly blessed with.

Everything I see and experience everyday that makes me feel this way, the things that put good tears in my eyes, the things that make me excited, the things that make me feel like I have butterflies in my stomach, the things that amaze me, and the people that touch my lives are all images and reflections of God.  

I'm a true believer in hope and faith. Things will have to get worse before it can get better. But, that's okay because I know that things WILL get better and really, things do. 

but why?
everything I said above, that's why.
that's what keeps me going.

last week of the fast, don't pass too quickly, please? :')

No comments: