Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today was a truly insightful day. Filled with.. mixed feelings.
For some reason, the topic of conversation today revolved around future plans and things that are to come in the future, our NEAR future.
Needless to say that it is just a blink away. I don't know if that excites me.. or scares me. Not because I don't know what I want to do career wise or where I'm headed but the thought of starting anew and ending old routines and habbits makes me a tad bit nervous, just like the rest of the 17 year olds today, I'm sure.

Although I don't attend school very often, I am surprised to say this myself, but I am actually grateful for the ups and downs that I have had in DJ. Eventhough some of the downs I had are things I wish I could erase completely, but as all other trials and tribulations, they have only made me stronger, or so I hope. My 10 school years, 5 of which spent in DJ have been so different from year to year. I have made many different friends, and lost some on the way too but I still believe that everything happens for a reason. I think these past 2 years have been my transition years. I felt like I had to change and to change my surroundings in order to better myself. Some might agree, some might disagree but at that point in my life, during the final months of my Form 3 year, I had to. For the sake of my family, for the sake of my dignity and for the sake of my personal progress. I was clearly at my lowest of lows during my 15th year. I didn't really disclose my true feelings and showed what I really was going through to many people in my life at that time because to be quite honest, I was ashamed. So I branched out a little from my current group of friends, no not because I didn't think they were good people but just because I needed to start fresh and get my head straight again. To some, I could have done it even with the same surroundings but I at the time, I just desperately needed a new environment to help me find clearly what my priorities should be.

The one thing I realised today that has the most reason as to why I choose to put importance to good influence and surroundings is, my baby sister. I can't just live life carelessly, trying to make the most of my youth the way many other youth do today-not referring to all youth.
I, now, have to live my life trying my best to be an example to her, hoping and praying that she doesn't make the same mistakes that I did.

Everyday, I remind myself how lucky I am and how appreciative I am for the things that have happened in my life. And for the people that have come in and out of my life and the events that have taken place in my 17 years of living, good and bad, I am grateful for every,single,thing. Because without it all, I most definitely would not be who I am today.

No comments: