Friday, June 12, 2009

am i part of the cure, or am i part of the disease?

My mom's leaving to Sarawak next monday. She's going for this forum on Human Trafficking. She's a trainer and advocet for the abolishment of human trafficking in Malaysia in line with NCWO.
She was telling me that, here, in Malaysia, the numbers are sky rocketing, no joke.
Then, she told me about how they choose the girls in Johor. A group of "businessmen" will sit in a circle facing outwards. Around them will be big huge FISHTANKS in which the women and girls put inside. They are bare naked, sitting down in these fishtanks, for these sick men to choose. THEY ARE PUT IN FISHTANKS OKAY! FISHTANKS :'(














This is how it is. The men are the circles and the poor women and girls are put into fishtanks(the rectangular shapes)

How barbaric can a person get. Seriously, it's just so disgusting.

These women are taken from their homelands, being promised of a good career but instead are being used as prostitutes. Their passports are taken from them, so they can't leave the country, they aren't told where they are, and they are abused physically and mentally.


I remember watching this. It's scary how these girls can't do anything to save themselves. I swear, I never realised how bad human trafficking had led to till I watched this.


I used to tell my mom how she was never at home, and how I felt like she was always out of the house. But I take that back now. I know she's always busy, but for a good cause, for the betterment of these women and the future of the world we live in. My mommy's my role model, really :')

My heart goes out to these women.


--------------------------------------------------


oh and another Devon Gundry chant : )

No comments: