Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ayyam-i-ha '09

Happy HAPPY Ayyam-i-ha :)




Shayna got Uncle Sha'in's gift which I thought was genius, he gave her a plant. Very in sinc with his Duniaku environmental programme :)





my boo boo's :)





Ayyam-i-ha yesterday was perfect.

This year felt extra special. Lots more smiles, laughter, and I think everyone was very charitable :)

These are the days that I look forward to most in the year. It's just something about these days that makes me constantly smile. Maybe it's the old traditions, reigniting memories since I was a little kid, singing the Ayyam-i-ha song(that's my favourite part (: ) and I love it when we're all together, happy, excited, thankful to just be around each other. I'm always happy when I'm with the community, my ever so amazing community :)

This year's fasting month is going to be a little different than the years before. Mommy's in New York for a United Nations conference, Papa's leaving for Vietnam tomorrow for work and yes, that means they won't be with us for the fist week of the fasting month :(

So, it's just us kiddos.


Waking up at 5 every morning, helping Aunty Ellen cook breakfast for open fast, set the table, say our prayers, and have a good breakfast before dawn. Some people might despise the thought of having to fast, but I love the fasting month. It's on the last 19 days of the year, the last Baha'i month before we celebrate Nawruz.

I feel like it's to help kick start the new year. To remind us of our priorities, of our purpose, to be thankful, to remember to rely on God. It reminds me that the sacrifices I make are nothing close to what the prophets had to go through for the sake of humanity. It makes all my problems seem so trivial, and it gives me strength to know that, if so many other people can sacrifice and go through such hardships for the sake of the Faith, I can get through the little trivial problems I'm facing now.

The fasting month isn't only for us to practice these virtues during the fasting month itself, but also to remind us to put it to practice throughout the upcoming year.


Hopefully, I will, I'll try my very best :)


Just two more days till the fasting month begins.
So, Allah'u'abha to all the Baha'is around the world :)


Have a good two last days of Ha, and have a great fasting month ahead :)


1 comment:

Joyce Huang said...

sorry couldnt come. but happy fasting.