Monday, November 2, 2009

It's so crazy how we condemn others so easily. It's like the "new trend" today is to be rude and to use foul language. I don't understand how that can be. Foul words come out so easily nowadays. It's almost as if we've forgotten that we have a conscience. I admit, it never really mattered to me before, about the use of foul language but.. times have changed, things have changed, and I would like to think that I am a changed person,not perfect at all, no no, just changed, I hope.
I don't know, I guess, sometimes, I truly do get hurt when people use such language, or say harmful things just for the sake of making you angry. Most of the time, I think, I don't really show how vulnerable I am, well, maybe because I don't want to. I think I get scared sometimes, to show my vulnerability. I think that's because of my past, and because I was so vulnerable before, I'm scared because well, I don't want to go back to my past. Not that I'm forgetting my past, I will forever remember it, as a constant reminder to never repeat it again but back to my point, harmful words will and can never resolve anything. Harmful words only harm others, and mostly, yourself. In the end, we live our own lives, we choose what we want to say or do and in the end, we only have ourselves to blame, we are answerable to God for our own faults. So technically, we are only harming ourselves when we harm other people.
I just wish that we would actually use this precious gift God has given only to us (our conscience, our right mind) and stop ourselves before using such words, to think about the consequences, and then.. act.

No comments: