Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our Angel

Yesterday : Jayattan's Memorial.
The slideshow of Uncle's entire life was being shown but the only thing I could hear or pay attention to was the grief and sorrow that my aunty, Jayanthi felt. She was crying, no, weeping with Sanjay in her arms ; he was crying too. That was the loudest and most devastating cries I have ever heard. I couldn't imagine how she was feeling. I still can't. I realised that I cry and weep sometimes for the littlest of things, I sometimes forget to appreciate my Mummy or my Papa, Shayna,Sunil or Sonia, and especially right now, my grandparents. I don't want to wait for their last breath before I feel guilty for the way I've treated them, I don't want to wait until they aren't alive for me to wish that I had treated them or anyone for that matter, better. Jayanthi experienced a terrible loss, and so did we but ofcourse, she was affected by it most.

Yesterday, I realised how wonderfully amazing my granduncle was. He was actually one of the youngest in the family, just a little over his 60's but he was always the one who stood out most amongst the 8 siblings. He was the one who first initiated our very first big family gathering with the thought of only wanting to bring the family in unity, for all of us to appreciate,love and be united. He always put family first.


Jayanthi said this last night, that when Jayattan was first diagnosed with cancer, the first thing he said was "Let's throw a party! Get everyone to come, the whole family, call everyone and let's have a party."
Really.. how many people do you know that would say that?

His joyous spirit was so immense and so great that eventhough I never really got the chance to know him well, he left a huge mark in my heart just by being the jovial, loving spirit of the family.

I do love my uncle although I never really knew him well and I know that he's okay now.

No comments: