Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's what we stand for.

OH :O
I'm starting again.
Oh myy, it's been a while. A very very LONG while.
Due to the lack of things to do at home, i'm blogging again. (:
I'm back, for good. Well, hopefully.

It feels weird. I haven't done this in sooo long.

So many things have happened this weekend.
It's been such a tiring week :S but a good one, though.

I attended this NGO Forum on A World Fit For Children.
Children meaning from the age 18 and below.
To be honest, I wasn't so keen on attending.
I thought it was gonna be a drag and a huge bore but i found it so enlightening.
There were so many youth there, to my surprise.
Oooh lotsa eye candy too, hot hunks! (; ehehehe.

It was boring at the beginning. You know, the usual speeches and what not.
But then, we were broken up into groups.
- Education
- Juveneile Justice
- Child Protection
- The Media
- Drugs & Vice

Layna, Leysh and I were put into the workshop for Education.
Speeches were given by three people.
Dr Goh, he was from HELP. - he spoke about bullying
Lydia, she was a preschool teacher.
AND Aley, she talked about moral education and consultation in the classroom.
Aley did such a good job.
I'm so proud of her, I really really am. :)
I wouldn't have had the guts ahaha.

Then we had lunch break.
THE FOOD WAS SO GOOD :D
It was a buffet, and oh! Layna and I enjoyed it, so so much :)
We had like 3 rounds. ahhaha we didn't care about weight that day.
Everything just looked soo good :)
& it tasted EVEN better!

It was almost the end of the day.
A representative from each workshop gave a summary.
I was so surprised and in awe of how well the youth spoke.
If only I could be as confident as they were.
There was even a 11 year old girl giving a summary!
I was just so impressed, so taken back by the youth, the level of their maturity.
I didn't know soo many people cared about matters like this.
It amazes me, it really does.

I was telling Aley, how happy i felt to just observe everyone, so worked up and concerned about matters like this, and how we can improve the world.
I dont know why, but it just made me happy :)
Beneath all the anger we have for each other, racial discrimination, everyone actually just wants the same thing, we all want peace in our homes, in the country, in the world.
If we all saw that. Oh! What a world it would be, eyhh.

The next one will be some time next year, hopefully.
Definitely going to attend.
All of us youth should really consider going.
It was a great experience, something i definitely don't regret doing. :)

No comments: