Saturday, January 24, 2009

a love like ours, is love that's hard to find ♥

The holidays are hereeee :)
School was.. fine. Tuition gave me a headache.
Got home, got ready for the family gathering. Everyone was at my place around 830ish. Met Aunty Ann and Nina from England again. Probably for the last time, but hopefully you guys will come down and visit us again! :)
A superb devotional was held in memorial of Uncle Suki (Aunty Ann's late husband, who is my uncle) who passed away 5 years ago.
After the devo, Aunty Ann just spoke a little about who Uncle Suki was since none of us had met him before cause he lived in England. Well exept my grandmom cause Uncle Suki's her brother.
The things she said about him brought everyone to tears. He was a very very well known doctor back in England. He was someone who'd put everyone before himself. Aunty Ann told us a story about him. She said :

" It was snowing in Newcastle. There was a terrible blizzard that night. This lady was in labour and she was alone at home. Her husband was a minor who had to work night shifts. So, she was all alone in her home. She called the ambulance, called the police, but they could not help. They said the blizzard was too terrible, they wouldn't make it through the terrible blizzard. So she called Uncle Suki ONLY to ask for advice about what to do. Uncle Suki told her "Don't worry, I'll come." He walked 2 MILES in the blizzard just to reach that lady's home. The ambulance couldn't get through, the police couldn't get through, but Uncle Suki COULD. He delivered a baby boy. That lady named the child after Uncle Suki's family name. "

I watched Nina tear up as she was listening to the wonderful things her mom was saying about Uncle Suki.
My heart melted. I teared. He was such an amazing person.
I remember, just before we had the devotional(the prayers and chants), I saw Aunty Ann already tearing. I can't imagine the grief they had to go through.
Just by listening to the things Aunty Ann said about Uncle Suki, I know, I just know he's being taken care of in the next world. & I know he was smiling down at us from above.
Maybe, just maybe, Uncle Suki was behind all this. Maybe he was the one who brought us all together. Who brought Nina and Aunty Ann here. I thank him for that :)
I felt so united with everyone. & I love my family and my extended family. SO SO SO much. Thank God I have them.
Now, I know the meaning of unity ♥







&Alayna,
if it wasn't for you, and how understanding you are, i'd be down in the dumps right now.
thankyou. i ♥ you darling.

No comments: