Saturday, July 25, 2009

always where i need to be

I just got home from the forum.
I was beyond nervous in the morning.
When I spoke, my hands were shaking so much! I couldn't even turn the page properly but the funny thing is, I felt like it was so easy to speak, like I was being guided through a higher power somehow.
I think my prayers were answered. Oh,thank you, Dorothy Baker :')
The only thought in my mind when I was speaking was "Make an impact". That's all I wanted. I didn't want to be somebody who just read a few pages of words and was remembered as boring,I wanted everybody to feel what I felt and hopefully get a little empowered to do something.
There was a representative from UNICEF there, Youssouf Oomar. He was so inspiring and empowering. It was amazing to hear him speak with such enthusiasm. He didn't read from any paper or refer to anything. He spontaneously spoke and wow. He was so empowering that I didn't get distracted from anything else happening around me, I was just in awe and so focused to what he was saying.
He spoke about how everybody should be "together" working as one and that we are equal. He spoke about leadership from behind, leadership by example. He also spoke about consultation and that it is not only one person deciding our future, rather all of us consulting together to come up with a rasional, united, and valid solution.
I always think to myself how fulfilling their lives must be.
This is his everyday job, working in UNICEF, finding ways, consulting to better the world.

I met so many amazing youth there from all over PJ.
You could see that they really meant everything they said during the discussions.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
It's so respectable to see these youth take time from their lives to be a part of development, not just for their futures, but everyone else's too.
Also,it was so nice to see these adults take time off their busy schedules to help us achieve this dream of ours.
In the end, it's all about unity, togetherness, respect, friendship, love, consultation, and action amongst every one of us.

I felt so comfortable there. I felt so comfortable with the people around me despite not knowing them at all.
It felt like everybody let go of differences,conflicts, and stereotypes. It felt like everybody was friends already. I think that's how we should feel everyday.
You could feel the warmth and enthusiasm that everyone felt, the willingness to bring about a change,and oh, it felt so good :)


We broke into 4 groups like the last forum except this one was different.
It was more of consultation and discussion.
Alayna and I were in "Participation(Play Your Part)"
At first, it was a little hectic but then after awhile we managed to come up with a solution on how we youth and children can play our part, how we can voice our opinions.
Us,youth suggested that there should be a society or club of some sort in school(since school is practically our second home) that would have weekly discussions on social issues where children can become aware of what's happening around us, and that we discuss about it, and find solutions to these problems. We said that the NGO should team up with the Education Ministry in order to get this started. But there should be a child welfare representative in each school that takes care of matters like this, someone who organizes things like this in school.
All in all, in the end, we found our solution.

I want everyone to feel what I feel cause it feels so good :)
Yeah,another good day : )

pictures coming soon.

No comments: