Monday, July 27, 2009

hopscotch and tears

"My mom used to tell me, "Chloe, there are two kinds of people in this world: those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower, and those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes." What I came to understand is that people have a choice as to which they want to be. That same day, I went outside and played hopscotch with my sister,and that night I sang louder than ever in the shower."

I read this a couple of days ago, and I realised I have the choice and the power to make myself happy again. It's just a matter if I want to or not and yes, I want to and I'm going to,I will be. I feel like sadness is a choice. You don't have to be sad if you don't want to, or if you don't allow yourself to be. I'm not saying it's bad or wrong to feel sad sometimes, but too much isn't good, is it? There's no point dwelling about something that I can't change,right?

So now, I choose to play hopscotch and sing in the shower : )

No comments: