Saturday, July 11, 2009

"as ye have faith, so shall your powers be"

There are no words to describe today.
I am beyond happy, beyond fulfilled.
We met with Juan again :)
He is one of those people that will stay engraved in your heart forever.
He moved to Cambodia a few years ago. He came back just for awhile. He's leaving again tomorrow morning :'( If only we had more time....(!)
We love Juan so much!

Every single time we meet with Juan, we learn something new. Okay, not just something, MANY things. We always go home feeling so empowered.
You know, sometimes people come up to me and say "Hey, it's really good, what you're doing at Mentari" and I'd be happy, yeah, but I realize now that I didn't exactly do this. I did, but I wouldn't have if I wasn't brought up in the environment I was brought up in, in the community I grew up in, with the amazing influences around me,the Faith.
I thank everything around me, that I get to see change, that I get to be a part of this change.
Sometimes I question if I'm effecting the children I teach in a good way, I just question if I made the effect I was supposed to but now, I realize that, for every good deed done, someway or another it will effect. Just imagine how everything would be if everyone focused on achieving what we really need today, peace, we need love, we need friendship amongst everyone and just forgetting about our differences. If we could just show a bit of love to someone, practice a virtue and maybeee it would probably have an effect on someone, and that someone would probably pass it on, and it just goes on and on. Woah, one good deed does that much :')

Today I learnt that the answers to the questions we have now lies in our past. We just need to be reminded.

No comments: